Installing Printer Driver for the Xerox 8830 Wide-Format B&W Engineering on Windows XP
Last Updated: February 29, 2008
You need instructions for installing the printer driver for the Xerox 8830 wide-format B&W engineering printer on a Microsoft Windows XP computer.
- Go to Control Panel > Printers.
- Click on Add New Printer.
- Select Local Printer, un-check automatically detect printers and click Next.
- Click on Create a New Port, select standard TCP/IP Port and click Next.
- Click Next when the Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port Wizard dialog box appears.
- Enter the IP address of the printer in the Printer Name or IP Address textbox (i.e., 192.168.80.99)
- The Port Name should automatically be populate with a name similar to your IP address entered in the previous textbox (i.e., IP_192.168.80.99). Click Next.
- Click Standard and Generic Network Card.
- Click Finish to close the Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port Wizard dialog box.
- Click on Have Disk in the Add Printer Wizard dialog box and browse for the folder containing your printer drivers (i.e., 'Xerox 8830 HPGL2 Driver v10.0.4').
- Select the AccXes.inf file and click Next.
- Select the Xerox Wide Format 8830 from the list of printers and click Next.
- Check No to not use this printer as the default printer and click Next.
- Select Do Not Share This Printer and click Next.
- Select Do Not Print Test Page and click Finish.
Note: If prompted about unsigned drivers, just click on the Continue Anyways button.
Changing the Port Number from 9100 to 2000
This step is applicable if your technical contact requires it.
- Once the printer is installed, go to the Printer Properties dialog box for the printer.
- Click on the Ports tab.
- Select the Standard TCP/IP port the Xerox 8830 is using (i.e., IP_192.168.80.99 in our example) and click on Configure Port.
- Change the Port Number from 9100 to 2000 and making sure the protocol is set to Raw. Click OK.
- Go to the General tab and click a Print Test Page. Your test page should print.