How to Disable Acrobat PDFMaker in Microsoft Office on Windows XP
Last Updated: February 11, 2008
People sometimes want to remove the Acrobat icons from Microsoft Office. You can remove the PDFMaker buttons from all of Office or just certain programs like Outlook.
- On your Microsoft Windows XP computer, go to Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel.
- Click on Acrobat and click Change/Remove.
- Click Next and then Modify.
- Click on the plus sign next to Create Adobe PDF.
- Next, click plus by Acrobat PDFMaker.
- Next, click the down arrow next to Microsoft Office.
- Click This feature will not be Available.
- Click Next and then Update.
The Acrobat icons will be removed from Office. You can reinstall them if needed using this same method.