Last Updated September 6, 2007
You need step-by-step software driver installation instructions for the Encad NovaJet 850/880 on a computer running Microsoft Windows XP/2000.
To Install the ENCAD driver in Microsoft Windows 2000 or Microsoft Windows XP:
- If the Add New Hardware Wizard appears on boot up of your computer, click CANCEL.
- Uninstall any ENCAD drivers that you have currently installed in your Printers folder.
- Save the driver file to your Desktop.
- Double-click on downloaded file to expand the driver files to C:\ENCAD\Drivers\ Version 6111.
- Go into the PRINTERS folder of your operating system, which can be accessed by going to Start Button> Settings > Printers.
- Choose Add A Printer.
- Designate what port the printer is connected to whether it is a print server address or an LPT parallel port.
- At the list of Manufacturers and Models, Choose HAVE DISK.
- Choose BROWSE and direct the Wizard to the folder C:\ENCAD\Drivers\ Version 6111.
- Click OK twice to bring up the revised list of Manufacturers and Models.
- Choose your ENCAD printer from the list.
- Continue the install as you would any printer.
- When you click Finish, a digital signature or compatibility message box will appear, choose Yes.
- Click Finish.
- After the driver is installed, go into Printing Preferences, click on About This Printer, and verify that the version number next to the file ENW2KUD.DLL is 6.1.11.