Last Updated February 24, 2007
You get a message indicating toner cartridge is at its end of life despite the fact the you may have replaced the toner cartridge with a new one on a Brother FAX-2820 fax machine or similar.
To manually reset this message, follow these steps:
- Open the cover to access the toner cartridge and drum unit.
- Remove toner cartridge unit.
- Check for a semi-circle groove with a white tab on the toner/drum unit. If you do not see this, this procedure may not work for you.
- Replace the toner/drum unit back into the fax machine.
- Press the Option button.
- Press the Start button.
- Enter '10' on the keypad and a message on the LCD should read 'Accepted.'
- Close the cover.
- The error message should disappear and your fax machine is ready for use.