Benefits of Adobe® PDF File Format
Developed by Adobe Systems Incorporated, Adobe Portable Document Format
(PDF) is a worldwide accepted industry format for distributing,
viewing and archiving business documents electronically.
What makes PDF document format widely used and popular are the following
- >PDF documents always look
exactly the same, for all senders and receivers
of a document. Unlike native word processing
documents, there's no re-pagination or missing
- >PDF file format is very compact,
so file size is small enough to easily e-mail
to your recipients.
- >PDF documents is viewable by any computer platforms (Apple® Macintosh®,
Microsoft® Windows® or any flavor of the UNIX® operating system).
- >PDF files (created from either digital files or scanned from hard copy) can be made searchable. This allow anyone the ability to easily find the exact PDF pages containing your keyword or phrase. This makes sifting through pages of documents to find what you are looking for efficiently and accurately.
- >PDF documents can be magnified hundreds of times, with minimal degradation
of quality, making it easier to read or view
- >No need to purchase software. Adobe Acrobat® Reader is available at no
charge from Adobe's website.
- >PDF documents act as color,
electronic fax machines but with much higher
quality and speed. Documents can be distributed worldwide for practically no cost and can then
be printed in any quantity anywhere.
- >PDF file format is ideal for
archiving, since the look and feel of documents
is retained and the document size is compact.
- >PDF file format is essential
for business documents like agreements and
forms that must retain their exact appearance
for legal reasons. For example, this may apply
to application forms, tax returns, licence
agreements, tender documents, quotations, invoices
Adobe provides Acrobat Reader software
to view and print PDF documents.
Most computers purchased today
already have Acrobat Reader
pre-installed for you.
If you need a copy of Acrobat Reader
or want to check on the availablility
of a newer version,
please visit Adobe's website
for your free download.
FASTER, BETTER, CHEAPER
All these advantages translate into faster, costly effective
and easier viewing, navigating, storing and printing of your
business documents. Digital, document workflow throughout
your company can become more reliable, with PDF documents
maintaining their high quality, regardless of where they are
sent or who views the documents. PDF is truly a global, document exchange format.
Contact us to find
out how Adobe PDF can help your business.